Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Institutional Advancement is responsible for strategic leadership and execution of all advancement programs. This includes all fundraising campaigns, community engagements, special events, public relations, alumni relations, marketing, advertising and advancement communications, including publications for the College.
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement serves as a key member of the President’s Cabinet and works closely with the Cabinet and the Board of Trustees to determine the funding required to meet current and future institutional needs.
Passion for and extraordinary skill at cultivating opportunities that further the College’s mission are the heart of this position. The VP must understand the challenges in the higher education market and develop and execute an aspirational philanthropic strategy with measurable goals. Builds and sustains strong relationships within and outside the College community and possess the leadership skills to motive the advancement team for excellence.
- Degree from accredited institution in educational administration, marketing, communications or public relations. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience at senior level in advancement preferably in a college environment.
- Proven track record in successful achievement of fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated leadership and management of a highly effective department.
- Work history that includes ongoing interaction with Board of Trustees and other high level individuals.
- Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Dominican College, a small, private institution located in the historic Hudson Valley is approximately 20 miles north of New York City. With a student population of approximately 2,000 Dominican College’s heritage stresses the value of a liberal arts education, a commitment to social justice, and a strong belief in the need for integrity and community engagement. It offers an array of degree opportunities in the liberal arts and a variety of nationally accredited graduate/undergraduate professional programs.
AGB Search is assisting Dominican College with this search. Please direct your inquiries and applications to the following consultants at AGB Search. Applications should include a letter of interest, resume, and the names, email addresses, and phone numbers for four professional references (references will not be contacted without the prior knowledge and approval of applicants).