How do I submit a request?
1. Check for availability at the Sullivan Library. Search the library catalog (for books, e-books, and journals) and Dominican Discovery (for articles). Sometimes articles are freely available online: Try Google as well.
2. Login to ILLiad and request your item(s).
How do I use ILLiad?
- Login with the same username and password you use for the campus network.
- Complete the registration form (you only have to do that once).
- Choose the appropriate form for your type of request (Book or Article). Providing complete and accurate citation information will speed the processing of your request.
- You will receive an email notifying you when your item arrives. If it is an article, most of the time, youíll be able to login to your account and access it electronically. Books will be available at the circulation desk in the library unless other arrangements are made.
Who can use ILL?
This service is available to all currently enrolled Dominican College students, faculty, administrators and staff.
How long will it take?
- 3-5 business days (on average) for articles
- 1-2 weeks (on average) for books
Please note that lending any type of item is entirely up to the discretion of the lending library. Also, once we complete our processing, we don’t have control over how long it takes an item to arrive, so please do not wait until the last minute to make a request. Loan periods and renewals are also up to the discretion of the lending library. ILL service is also unavailable when the library is closed, such as for holidays.
Is there a cost?
Typically, no. In rare cases, libraries may charge a fee for harder to find items. If this happens, we will contact you to find out how you want to proceed. We will not charge you unless you approve. Please be aware that there may be fines as well if you lose or damage an ILL book, or if you return it late.
What can I request?
Books and articles are the most commonly requested items. Please note that most libraries do not lend certain types of materials, including:
- Reference materials
- Current textbooks or course materials for classes taught at Dominican
- Full issues of periodicals or newspapers
- Very recently published books
- Audiovisual materials (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
- Rare, fragile or very valuable items
- Bulky or fragile items that are difficult or expensive to ship
- Items from libraries outside the U.S.
Additionally if an article request is not copyright compliant, the article will not be ordered through ILL. To learn more, visit the Copyright Compliance page. Copyright Compliance page.
For additional information and/or questions, please contact email@example.com or (845)-848-7501.