If a club completes the Charter Application for New or Renewing Clubs, submits their Mid-Year and Annual Reports for the previous academic year (if applicable), and their advisor has completed the Advisor Agreement by the established deadlines, they will be allocated a budget from the Student Government Association. These funds are to be used for programming and/or fundraising throughout the academic year. Funds may not be used for any apparel for club members.
If a club/organization would like to access their funds, they must first find a vendor that they wish to use for the product or services needed. Make sure to research various vendors to find the best option and price. If the club needs any assistance or suggestions, please contact the Director of Student Activities.
- Payments to Vendors – A payment voucher is a form to request that funds be paid to a person or business in check form. Back-up documentation must be attached to the payment voucher for processing. Original itemized sales receipts or invoices from the vendor are required; copies of receipts will not be accepted. All club members should save original receipts from all transactions. A Payment Voucher, with back-up documentation, must be signed by the club’s advisor and submitted to the Director of Student Activities for any payments to vendors at least three weeks in advance of the date on which the check is needed. The Director of Student Activities will forward the voucher to accounts payable. Vouchers must be submitted in advance to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Advances– A request for an advance of funds prior to club events for event related purchases must be submitted to the Director of Student Activities three weeks in advance of the date needed. A voucher must be filled out following the guidelines above, signed by your club advisor and submitted to the Director of Student Activities. A maximum amount of two hundred dollars ($200) may be requested. The Director of Student Activities will submit the completed payment voucher to accounts payable. The check for the advanced funds will be made payable to the club’s advisor who will need to cash the check for the club. The club must submit a Cash Advance Accounting Form along with all receipts for purchases that the advance was used for and/or any remaining cash from the advance to the Director of Student Activities within two business days of the event. Failure to account for the advanced funds within two business days will result in the rejection of all future requests for advancements to that club for the remaining school year.
- Petty Cash – Payment Vouchers cannot be used to request petty cash. Petty cash is not available to clubs.
- Out of Pocket Expenditures – All out of pocket expenditures must be approved by the Director of Student Activities in advance of being incurred. Expenses will not be reimbursed without prior approval. A voucher with back up documentation attached must be signed by your club advisor and submitted to the Director of Student Activities for any out of pocket expenses incurred by club members. The Director of Student Activities will forward the voucher to Accounts Payable for reimbursement and a check will be issued. This process will take at least two weeks for the check to be processed.
- Deposits – Funds collected at club events must be accounted for and hand delivered to the Director of Student Activities for deposit into the College bank account on or before the next business day. Cash must never be sent via inter-office mail. Money raised through event admission fees or fundraising may not be carried over to the next academic year and must be utilized by the end of the school year.
- Allowable Expenses:
- Hotel accommodations for approved club conferences;
- Speaker/performer expense;
- Film rentals;
- Set up fees;
- Catering services.
- Non-allowable Expenses:
- Alcoholic Beverages – strictly prohibited at on campus and off campus events;
- Transportation – College Vans are available for club functions with certified drivers;
- Stationery and Supplies-available through Director of Student Activities;
While encouraged, all student organization fund-raising activities must be approved by the Director of Student Activities. DC-1 readers can be reserved for fundraisers and all cash raised must be given to the Director of Student Activities to deposit into the club’s account within one business day of the fundraiser. Fundraising activities must go through the same approval process as all programs four weeks in advance of the date of the event.