Adjunct Instructors- Online Computer Information Systems
Dominican College Online seeks qualified candidates as adjunct instructors for the Computer Information Systems Online Undergraduate program commencing Fall 2019 with the need for one or more immediately.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, OR Computer Information Systems from a regionally accredited institution. Doctoral degree is preferred.
- Evidence of online teaching experience in related field in higher education
- Evidence of two or more years of professional and practical experience in related field
- Experience working with diverse and non-traditional learners
- Mastery of programming language(s) taught in the courses, including C#
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct instructors will be required to teach from established curriculum all while adding personal expertise and real world experience to the course. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to teach an online course.
- Produce and teach courses in the Blackboard learning management system to facilitate online learning.
- Set up a course using defined Dominican College Online template.
- Create an outline and syllabus for the class meeting course learning objectives and fitting into the accelerated schedule.
- Create learning activities including narrated PPTs, instructor videos, sourced videos, weekly discussion prompts, assignments, assessments and other course elements.
- Facilitate topics in a logical progression and pace the delivery to meet the needs of the course requirements.
- Establish positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the online classroom and facilitate active discussions.
- Incorporate higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to real-world assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academic grades, behavior, and attendance.
- Candidates will be required to complete an online faculty training course which covers online teaching using Blackboard and Dominican Online template, policies, and procedures.
- Qualified candidates are asked to submit cover letter, resume, samples from online courses and unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org