We welcome international students. Dominican College is served by two major international airports: JFK International Airport in New York and Newark Airport in New Jersey. Since our location is only 17 miles north of New York City, you will be able to take advantage of the many social and cultural experiences of New York City.
How to Apply
Please complete the application and mail it to: Office of Admissions, Dominican College, 470 Western Highway, Orangeburg, NY 10962. You may complete it online or download and print the application from our web site here. Please contact us at (845) 359-3533, or e-mail email@example.com. International students are required to submit English language descriptions of secondary schools, colleges, and universities attended. In addition, applicants from non-English-speaking countries must submit the following documents:
- Certified translations of all prior secondary and collegiate academic records on a course-by-course basis by an organization certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. You can find out more about member organizations at http://www.naces.org/members.
- Scores from the Test of English a a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Information and registration forms may be obtained from the TOEFL Program, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08540, or visit the TOEFL website for up-to-date information: http://www.ets.org/toefl. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL or 213 on the computer-based TOEFL (CBT) is required for admission.
Once your file is complete, we will notify you quickly of the decision of the Admissions Committee.
Checklist for International Students
Submit your application:
- Complete your application at www.dc.edu/apply. Dominican College is rolling admissions so there is no hard deadline to submit your application. The fall semester begins in August and the spring semester begins in January.
Complete your application:
- Send your transcript through email, mail, or fax so it can be evaluated by an Admissions Counselor.
- Send your TOEFL, SAT or ACT scores through email, mail or fax so it can be evaluated by an Admissions Counselor.
- Your Admissions decision will be within a week of receipt of these materials
Send in the documents verifying source of funds for financial support:
- Application for I-20 Form
- Affidavit of Support
- Bank Verification and a bank statement verifying funds
- Scholarship from outside source: Official Scholarship letter must contain name of applicant, the amount for each year of study and the duration of award
- Government or Employer: Official letter indication amount of support and containing name of applicant, the amount for each year of study and the duration of award
- Loans: Official letter from credit institution indication approval of loan and amount approved
Apply for I-20 Student Visa:
- When you are accepted by Dominican College, you will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). You must pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee. We will provide you with a Form I-20 to present to the consular officer when you attend your visa interview. Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) website to learn more about SEVIS and the SEVIS I-901 Fee.
Submit your Enrollment Deposit:
- A $500 resident deposit is required to hold your spot. Deposit can be paid by cash, credit, check or money order. Scholarships and loans do not cover the deposit. The deposit is refundable before May 1st.
|Room & Board||$12,670||$12,000|
|Fees (including insurance) & Books||$4,900||$4,900|