Become a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) with Dominican College’s Master of Science – Nursing Program
Your B.S. in Nursing has you on a great track in today’s hottest field. Now take your medical career to the next level as an advanced practice nurse. The role of a Family Nurse Practitioner is challenging and rewarding, and puts you in a key role to meet the growing demand for quality care in America.
Dominican College’s Family Nurse Practitioner curriculum integrates the study of current trends in practitioner research, practice, and education. Learn from expert clinical faculty, and gain extensive practical experience at a variety of clinical sites.
As a Family Nurse Practitioner, you’ll be prepared for the demands of 21st Century healthcare. With Dominican College’s flexible program, you can continue your full-time nursing schedule while pursuing your M.S. degree. Graduate in two years, or fit the program around your busy schedule and take up to 5 years. The course schedule is student-friendly, featuring mostly weekday evening classes with some courses taught in a hybrid format, combining online and face-to-face learning.
Visit our Hudson Valley Campus and learn more about the FNP Program
Dominican College is conveniently located in Rockland County, central to the Hudson Valley region, including the Metro New York area and New Jersey’s Bergen County.
Why Become a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Provide Advanced Patient Care: Family Nurse Practitioners have more autonomy, giving you the ability to provide comprehensive care directly to your patients. As an FNP you’ll have the opportunity to deliver compassionate holistic care to the full extent of your education and clinical expertise
- Expand Your Role as a Nurse: Nurse practitioners can diagnose illnesses, prescribe medications and provide acute and primary care in a variety of clinical practice settings,
- Obtain Career Opportunities: Get access to management and educator positions, where a Master of Science is generally a requirement.
According to the Bureau of Labor, employment of Nurse Practitioners is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations over the next 10 years. Changes in the healthcare workforce, due to the effects of healthcare legislation, the aging population, and the emphasis on preventive care and population health, will keep you on the leading edge of primary care.
The Dominican College Advantage
The MS FNP Program at Dominican College, is designed for working nurses like you. The flexible class and clinical schedule allows you to work at your own pace, and the expert staff and clinical sites prepare you to provide the highest level of advanced nursing care.
- Keep Working: Our weekday evening classes are designed to allow you to pursue your MS degree while working full-time.
- Flexible Workload: Take classes two nights a week every semester, and graduate in 24 months. Or, take one course per semester, and take up to five years to complete your degree.
- Flexible Tuition: Competitive rates, with an option to defer payment until the end of the term.
- Flexible Learning: Some courses are offered as hybrids of classroom and online studies,
- Top Faculty and Clinical Placements: Learn from expert practicing advanced nurses. Clinical placements are available at many top locations, representing different specialties.
Marlene Veselsky, RN, BSN
FNP Graduate ’14
My time in the program has been both rewarding and gratifying. The program, which is favorable for nurses who are balancing both professional and personal commitments, allows students to plan their schedule easily. The professors are all practicing NPs who bring both their expertise and wisdom to the classroom every day and challenge students in a supportive and enriching environment.
Pat Meade- D’Alisera, DNP-FNP-BC,
Class of 2005
Dominican College provided me an environment to expand my horizons, increased my knowledge of innovation and enlightened me on my personal potential.
Class of 2014
My experience in the FNP program at Dominican College has been great. I would highly recommend Dominican to anyone looking to further their education in a supportive community and setting.
Speak to us about applying to a Graduate Program at Dominican College today!
Contact us today for more information about applying to the MS Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program.
Phone: (845) 848-7910