Dominican College’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program will provide you with cutting-edge practical skills and set you on a path to a successful career!
You’ve earned your master’s degree and are a certified Family Nurse Practitioner. Now you’re looking to advance your career even further by becoming a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
Dominican College’s new Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is the ideal choice for your professional aspirations and your busy lifestyle. Our flexible program accommodates nurses working in advanced practice positions and can be completed in just two years.
Why Become a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)?
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is the most cutting-edge clinical nursing degree available, designed by experienced nurses to meet the emerging needs of 21st-century health care. The DNP provides you with new cognitive skills, which leads to improved patient outcomes. The DNP degree represents the latest academic nursing evolution. Here’s why the Doctor of Nursing Practice is right for you:
- Practice-focused. Unlike other doctoral-level nursing degrees, the DNP is a clinical degree and focuses on practice, not on research. You will acquire advanced proficiency in areas directly related to practice, such as informatics, the use of technology, data management, finance, politics and policy, allowing you to grow to meet the demands of the evolving health care system.
- Specialized for the 21st-century. The Doctor of Nursing Practice will foster the skills you need to be an advanced practice nurse in the health care arena of today and tomorrow—an arena with multiple complex challenges that continue to grow and change.
- Improved patient outcomes. As a graduate of the Doctor of Nursing Practice program, you will be skilled to effectively advance the health care management of individuals, families and populations. You will be prepared to improve the safety and quality of patient care and influence health care outcomes on an unprecedented level for nursing professionals.
- Expanded career opportunities. As a DNP, you will qualify for a wide range of jobs that require a doctoral degree, including complex clinical, faculty and leadership roles.
Why Choose Dominican College?
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Dominican College is designed by industry leaders especially for experienced nursing professionals like you.
- Become a DNP in Two Years. The Dominican College Doctor of Nursing Practice program can be finished in two years, allowing you to quickly complete your degree and move to a more advanced level of employment.
- Keep Working: Our weekday evening classes are designed to allow you to become a DNP over two years while continuing to work full-time in your current position.
- Flexible Learning: In order to accommodate your busy lifestyle, some of our Doctor of Nursing Practice courses are offered as hybrids of classroom and online studies.
- Flexible Tuition: Competitive rates, with an option to defer payment until the end of the term.
- Top Faculty: Learn from expert practicing advanced nurses who have years of experience in nursing education and a commitment to your success.
Dominican College is a longtime leader in the field of nursing education, with decades of experience preparing undergraduate and graduate nursing students to excel in school and beyond. As an industry leader, we have the track record and the infrastructure ready to guide you to new professional heights as a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). We are aligned with local health care agencies, and our alumni work in major hospitals in the tristate area and beyond.
Visit our Hudson Valley Campus and learn more about the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program
Dominican College is conveniently located in scenic Rockland County, central to the Hudson Valley region, minutes from New York City and from New Jersey’s Bergen County.
Employers know that nurses prepared at the doctoral level with a blend of clinical, organizational, economic and leadership skills are the best fit for their evolving personnel needs. The DNP signifies expertise at the highest level of nursing practice. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), the growing complexity of health care, the growth in scientific knowledge, and the increasing sophistication of technology have created unprecedented demand for senior nursing professionals in clinical and administrative leadership.
Speak to us about applying to a Graduate Program at Dominican College today!
Contact Christina Lifshey today for more information about applying to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
Phone: (845) 848-7908