Returning to Campus Safely
Dominican College has returned to an on-campus experience with in-person classes in Fall 2021. We need your participation to ensure our success.
To ensure the safest experience for all on campus, the College is requiring all new and returning students, faculty, administrators, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccinations are required of all students (except those who received an exemption) who have classes or meetings on campus.
- Click here to find vaccine locations in New York State
- Click here to find vaccine locations in New York City
Verifying Your Status
To verify your status, proof of vaccination must be submitted via Dominican College's Medicat Portal at https://dc.medicatconnect.com
Here is how to do this after logging in to the Medicat Portal using the same user name and password you use to access my.dc.edu.
STEP 1: Click on the Immunizations tab and select Enter Dates from the drop-down menu. Click on the date box for the specific vaccine you received and enter the date of the vaccines you received.
STEP 2: Click on the Upload tab. From the Document drop-down menu select “Proof of COVID Vaccine” for students or “Proof of COVID Vaccine for employees.” Select and upload the documentation file.
If you are unable to upload your proof of vaccination, contact the Health Center for assistance.
The deadline for current employees and traditional fall students to apply for an exemption was September 1, 2021.
New employees, transfer students, or students beginning later in the year may request an exemption from the College's vaccine policy for medical or religious reasons. Use the forms below to apply for an exemption. Completed forms must be submitted by email to Covid-19.Exemption@dc.edu.
- Request for Religious Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccine Form
- Request for Medical Exemption from the Covid-19 Vaccine Form
Each request will be carefully reviewed according to the established guidelines and contraindications for approved COVID-19 vaccinations.
If you receive an exemption, you will still be expected to adhere to the following requirements:
- Weekly COVID-19 testing will be required and will be your responsibility.
- Weekly COVID-19 testing results must be uploaded to the Medicat no later than 8 am each Tuesday,
- Your ability to freely navigate the College campus and participate in some activities may be limited.
- In the event of an outbreak, unvaccinated persons should have a personal plan in case they are directed to leave campus for their safety.
Following new guidance from the NYS Department of Health and the CDC, the College is requiring all members of our community to wear a mask indoors, effective Monday August 23, 2021.
All members of the Dominican College Community, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask in public indoor spaces – including but not limited to classrooms, hallways, restrooms, the Fitness Center, gym, and any other shared space.
You do not need to wear a mask when you are alone in a private office or workspace, or in your Residence Hall room if both you and your roommate are vaccinated. Masks are not required to be worn outdoors.