Director of Community Engagement and Leadership Development
Dominican College invites applications for the position of Director of Community Engagement and Leadership Development. This position provides strategic direction and tactical implementation of student-centered initiatives to promote educational excellence, leadership, and good citizenship. Develops campus and community partnerships to provide opportunities for growth and transformation in activities which complement classroom exercises and target contemporary social issues. In conjunction with the Director of Campus Ministry, assists student in their faith exploration in the context of Catholic Social Teaching and action.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years experience leading volunteer initiatives and experience in program coordination in a faith-based institution. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, ability to determine goals and set priorities, detail-oriented individual who is highly organized and demonstrates initiative, ability to manage diverse tasks concurrently and must possess strong technology capability. Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive college vans is preferred.
- Develop, implement and coordinate outreach opportunities. Recruit and train student leaders and faculty/staff participants, identifies social justice issues, and prepare participants with introduction to Catholic Social Teaching.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement both domestic and international immersion experiences. Recruit and train student leaders and faculty/staff participants, identify social justice issues, and prepare participants with introduction to Catholic Social Teaching, re-orients students upon return.
- Co-advise Student Government Association, facilitate leadership training for officers.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement structured leadership programs for various interest groups (Charger Leadership Institute, leadership retreats/conferences).
- Serves as central campus resource for service opportunities maintaining database, tracking volunteers, developing sites.
- Coordinate and execute annual Relay for Life event, oversee Relay for Life planning committee.
- Manage Sister Catherine Howard Food Pantry, on campus.
- Provide support for all Campus Ministry initiatives and programs.
- Support students as agents of change within the college community.
- Develop reflection tools on social justice.
- Develop and maintain printed and web resources, for recruiting purposes and training purposes (outreach opportunities, volunteer guidelines, site information, etc.)
- Promote post-graduate service opportunities (Dominican Volunteers, Jesuit Volunteer Corps, Franciscan Volunteers, etc.), and serve as resource
- Plan and coordinate other on-campus programs that enhance student commitment to Dominican College, as needed
- Develop and maintain non-profit partnerships for Federal Work-Study program utilizing federal funds, in collaboration with Financial Aid.
- Collaborate with Career Services to create internship opportunities and employment opportunities with community agencies.
- Participate on campus committees, as appropriate.
- Manage departmental budget, as allocated.
Dominican College is located in Orangeburg, New York approximately 20 miles north of New York City. We are a private institution with approximately 2,000 students and 400 faculty and staff. Our heritage stresses the humanistic value of a Liberal Arts education, a commitment to social justice, and a strong belief in the need for integrity and community engagement, all in the service of preparing students to reach their potential as responsible citizens who enrich the world in which we live.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021