Baccalaureate Awards Ceremony at the Hennessy Center Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 7 p.m.
66th Commencement Exercises at the Westchester County Center, Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 12 p.m.
Watch the live stream (stream begins at 12 pm on May 17).
Complete These Steps to Ensure You're Ready to Participate in Your Commencement Ceremony
- Make an appointment with your advisor to confirm that you're on track to graduate
- Submit your Candidate for Degree Form to the Registrar's Office by January 24th
- Settle your student account. Visit the Bursar's Office in Cooke Hall if you have any questions
- Complete your online RSVP
- Order your cap and gown (below) by Thursday, March 19th
- Review the 2020 Commencement Weekend Schedule for the times and locations for all events
Schedule at a Glance
|Wednesday, April 29|
|5:30 p.m.||Interfaith Worship Service – Rosary Hall|
|6:30 p.m.||Graduation Information Session – Hennessy Center|
|7 p.m.||Class Night – Granito Center|
|Thursday, May 14|
|4:00 p.m.||Graduate Hooding Ceremonies – start times and locations vary; for more information click here
Graduate Hooding Receptions – immediately following Hooding Ceremonies, locations vary
|Saturday, May 16|
|4 p.m.||Commencement Mass – St. Dominic’s Convent Chapel|
|5:30 p.m.||Commencement Reception – Granito Center|
|6:15 p.m.||Senior Gift Dedication – TBA|
|7 p.m.||Baccalaureate Awards Ceremony – Hennessy Center|
|Sunday, May 17|
|9 a.m.||tDPT Program Hooding Ceremony – Westchester County Center, room TBA|
|11 a.m.||Robing and line-up for procession begins – Westchester County Center, lower level|
|12 p.m.||66th Commencement Exercises – Westchester County Center|
VENUE: WESTCHESTER COUNTY CENTER
198 Central Avenue, White Plains, New York.
Westchester County Center is served by the Westchester County Bee-Line Bus System (call 914-813-7777 for bus information) and by Metro-North Commuter Railroad.
From New York City, the Westchester County Center is a 35-minute trip by car, 40 minutes by bus and 30 minutes by train. The County Center is a five-minute walk from the White Plains train station.
Vehicles may park at the Westchester County Center for $15
Residence Inn by Marriott, Orangeburg and Holiday Inn of Orangeburg have negotiated discounted rates for Dominican College guests. Please consider the options below:
RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT (rates based on availability)
- Weekend and Sports/Athletic Rate: $123/Studio Suite, $133/One Bedroom Suite Thursday-Saturdays
- Sunday—Wednesday: $139/Studio Suite, $149/One Bedroom Suite
- Reservations may be made by phone or online. Hotel offers all-suite accommodations and includes full hot buffet breakfast.
PHONE—Call the hotel direct at (845) 359-5200 or (844) 833-3558 and request the “Dominican College Rate.”
ONLINE—Visit http://www.marriott.com/default.mi, search for the Orangeburg, NY location, and enter Corporate/Promo code- “Dominican College” when asked for special rates.
HOLIDAY INN (ORANGEBURG, NY) (rates based on availability)
- Main Building: $124/night
- Registry Executive Wing: $144/night
*Inclusive with Rate: Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast (served: Mon-Fri 6:30am - 9:30am/ Weekend 7:30am - 10:30am), complimentary high speed internet, fitness center, and in-room refrigerators. We are a full service facility with a Restaurant and Lounge on premises.
For extended stay rates & availability, please contact Regina Mittler, Director of Sales.
PHONE—Call the hotel directly at (845) 359-7000 ext. 398 and request to speak with Regina Mittler.
ONLINE-- Visit www.HolidayInn.com, search for the Orangeburg, NY location, and enter Corporate ID #100246644 or Group Code #10024664