All research conducted by Dominican College staff, faculty, students* or other agents must receive Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. The IRB is an administrative body at Dominican College established by law to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects recruited to participate in research activities conducted under the auspices of the institution with which it is affiliated.
All applications/proposals should provide evidence of completion of an IRB or Ethics tutorial. Dominican College Students and Faculty, can use the online ethics course at Blackboard. Directions to access the Blackboard ethics course are:
- Login into your Blackboard account.
- Click Courses in top right corner.
- Type IRB in the Course Search block. (left side of screen)
- Place your cursor at end of IRB-Ethics_Tutorial_2018-19 over the down arrow and choose enroll.
- Finally click Submit button.
Researchers who are not faculty, staff or students at Dominican College should email the IRB chair for further information on completing an ethics tutorial.
Investigators who have questions about forms or review procedures are asked to contact the Committee Chairperson or any member of the Committee.
Any students or faculty who will be submitting IRB applications to the chair's mailbox must also send an email indicating they have done so (or plan to do so).
Please submit applications a minimum of two weeks before the meeting at which you would like your materials reviewed.
Upcoming meeting dates:
October 21, 2020
November 18, 2020
December 9, 2020
January 27, 2021
February 10, 2021
March 10, 2021
April 7, 2021
The Committee currently has the following members:
- Ayse Ozcan Edeer, PT, MSc, PhD
- Kelly M. Johnson, PhD
- Lucinda A. Acquaye-Doyle, PhD, MSW
- Catherine Cavaliere, PhD, OTR/L
- Margaret DeLorenzo, MSN, EdDc
- Tara Parrello, Ph.D.
- Carol Strax, Ed.D.
- Andrew McDonough, PT, PhD
- IRB Email (Please use IRB email address to submit your applications)
* Non-independent research conducted as part of a course assignment does not require IRB approval. See your course instructor if you are unsure.