Qualify for Career Positions in Information Technology.
Dominican College has merged the College’s Information Technology department with the Academic CIS department. As a result, you’ll have access to both faculty and IT department professionals as you complete your degree. This relationship between departments helps to ensure that your instructors have current skills and are always on top of the latest IT advances.
As a CIS student you will:
- Acquire training and experience in CIS labs that are equipped with commercial grade hardware and software. The training you receive is real, current and market driven
- Work with real Web servers, network servers, database servers, HP network switches and routers
- Gain real-world experience through professional internships and through interactions with the College’s IT department
Summary of Requirements
The Computer Information Systems program consists of a minimum of 120 credits, distributed as follows:
- 60 credits of Liberal Arts
- 30 credits in Business Core
- 6 credits of electives
- 1-credit Freshman Seminar (day students only)
- CIS Program, 33 total credits
- Technology Hardware 1
- based on the CompTIA A+ certification
- Network technology 1
- based on the CompTIA Network+ certification
- System Analysis and Design
- Study of business organization and their data/network requirements
- Business Data Communication
- Designing networks for business
- Database Design
- From MS Access to SQL servers
- Database design theory and concepts
- Windows Server Management
- Installing, configuring Microsoft Servers in a real server environment
- CIS free electives
Dominican College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Healthcare Management and Management.
- Bachelor of Science degree with majors in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, and Management (specializations in Financial Management, International Management and Marketing Management).