Good business management principles have held true over time. The business administration program at Dominican College was launched in 1971 and has since provided professionals with a comprehensive learning experience that incorporates core management concepts into its curriculum.
- Graduates will emerge from the program with valuable skills, including:
- Business analysis and problem solving
- Written and verbal communications
- Advanced uses of modern technology for reporting and operations
- Global business acumen
- Leadership and management of diverse team members
Dominican College’s Bachelor of Science in Marketing promotes our motto of ‘Doing Business Right’ – by which we mean that at Dominican College business students are taught how to be successful while also making the world a better place. When it comes to marketing, we believe an ethical approach is especially critical today when new technologies collect so much personal data on consumers. Avoiding unethical practices, however, is just the start. Effective marketing can also be a powerful tool to promote causes ranging from sustainability to justice. We teach our students to be creative and to use marketing as a positive force in business and in our society.
Some of the marketing courses offered include Digital Media, Social Media Marketing, Global Marketing, Sales, Sports Media and Promotion, Innovation and Product Development, and The Fashion Business. Three Hospitality courses also focus on restaurants, resorts and hotels, and spas and fitness centers.
A minimum of 60 semester hours in liberal arts is required for a Bachelor of Science degree from Dominican College.
Key industries are looking for qualified, experienced and educated professionals to generate interest in products and services. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a strong job market for managerial-level professionals in sales, advertising and marketing as well as administrative services.
Dominican College’s Marketing program will develop your technical, human relations, conceptual, and administrative skills, while providing you with the benefits of our broad-based liberal arts education
Dominican College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Healthcare Management and Management.
- Bachelor of Science degree with majors in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Management, and Marketing (concentrations in Financial Management and International Management).