Dominican College’s Bachelor of Science program in Accounting will prepare you for a wide range of careers. Our highly qualified faculty and our basic and specialized courses will give you an understanding of the functions of accounting, the underlying body of concepts that constitute accounting theory, and the application of these concepts to accounting problems and solutions
The Accounting program consists of a minimum of 120 credits, distributed as follows:
- 30-credit Business Core: The business world offers a wide variety of distinct career paths, each of which stands alone as a unique discipline, and intersects with the others in both practice and required knowledge. The Business Core will provide you with the foundation necessary for success in any area of business by educating you in the broad range of concepts and disciplines that are unique to the business world. Courses include Introduction to Management; Basic Marketing, Computer-based Systems, Business Law I, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business, Society, Corporate Values, International Management, and Business Policy and Managerial Decision Making.
- 18 credits of upper level accounting courses
- Business Law II
- One finance elective
- 60 credits of Liberal Arts: including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics; College Algebra; Precalculus or Finite Mathematics; Introduction to Statistics; and Effective Business Communication
- 6 credits of free electives
- 1-credit Freshman Seminar (day students only)
Dominican College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Healthcare Management and Management.
- Bachelor of Science degree with majors in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, and Management (specializations in Financial Management, International Management and Marketing Management).