Here’s everything transfer students needs to know about applying to Dominican College.
- Fill out and submit an application for admission
- Submit the signed Addendum and $35 non-refundable application fee
- Have official transcripts from all colleges previously attended sent to Dominican College:
Office of Admissions
470 Western Highway
Orangeburg, NY 10962
- Get started after January 1 on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov . Dominican College’s School Code is 002713.
- File your application by February 15th to receive your Financial Aid package in early March.
- If you already filed the FAFSA in the fall, you just need to add the Dominican College’s school code (002713) to your application.
After you have received your acceptance letter, have your ID # ready and contact the Learning Resources Center at 845-848-4056 to schedule an appointment to take your Placement Exams (English and/or Math, if required for your major). You must take your Placement Exams before going forward with advisement and registration.
Note: * Placement Exams are required for ALL students transferring to Dominican College
Step 2: Advisement
After completion of your Placement Exams you can meet with yourFaculty Advisor from your program of interest. (Bring your Placement Exam results and the copy of your Evaluation of Credits form that you received in your acceptance packet.)
Contact the Academic Department listed on the “Important Numbers to Know” sheet and make an appointment with an advisor to determine appropriate course to register for in the upcoming semester.
Step 3: Deposit and Registration
- After receiving your Financial Aid package and meeting with your advisor, you can pay your admissions deposit and register for courses.
*Admissions deposits must be paid prior to registering for courses.
- Once you have paid your $300 deposit, the Student Accounts office will approve your registration.
- Next you will need to submit your Registration Card to theRegistrar Office, here you will receive confirmation and a copy of your Schedule.
*Without this step you are NOT registered and your name will not appear on any class rosters.
- Fall Registration generally begins in June and Spring registration generally begins in November.
*Since advisement is necessary prior to registration, be sure to schedule your appointment promptly.
Step 4: Last-minute items
- If you are currently enrolled in any courses or have not sent updated transcripts, have your final and updated Official Transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Residents, watch for your housing information in the mail. Be sure to complete the information soon after receiving it to secure your spot in housing.
- Submit your health records to the Health Center.
Step 5: Documentation
- After you have received confirmation of registration retrieve your Dominican College ID from the DC-1 Card Office, located in Casey Hall. (Take your identification with you - Driver’s License and your student ID#.)
- You will have your picture taken and you can pick up information about what the DC-1 Card is and what it can do for you.
- At the Security Office, also located in Casey Hall, you can retrieve a parking permit. There is no parking fee.
*Make sure you know your license plate number!