Apply as a Transfer Student
The quality of our faculty, our internship programs, and the range of our programs make Dominican College one of the Hudson Valley's best places to finish your degree.
A low student to faculty ratio and individual student advisement ensure that you will receive personal attention and an educational experience that prepares you for a fulfilling career.
To apply for admission at Dominican College
- Complete an application
- Be sure to indicate a major
- Submit an official transcript from each college or university previously attended
- Transfer students who have completed fewer than 24 credits at the time of application, must also submit a transcript from their high school
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- A wide range of financial aid programs from federal and state funds are available. Dominican College also offers an extensive Transfer Scholarship Program for full-time day students based on gpa. These scholarships range from $3,000 to $11,500 and are awarded at the time of initial admission to the College. To determine your eligibility for a scholarship send a message to email@example.com. Include your cumulative college gpa and indicate whether you will live on campus or at home.
- Athletic scholarships and grants based on financial need are also available.
- Articulation agreements are used to help students choose courses at community colleges which can be transferred for credit toward a bachelor's or associate degree at the college or university of their choice. Dominican College has a number of formal articulation agreements with community colleges. See our Articulation Agreements to learn more.
- A maximum of 70 credits will be accepted from a two-year school and a maximum of 90 credits will be accepted from a four-year institution. A minimum of 30 credits must be completed at Dominican College in order for a degree to be awarded.
Transfer Credit Policy
A course is evaluated for suitability for transfer credits based on the following criteria:
- The course was completed at an accredited two-year or four-year institution
- Grades for courses accepted for transfer credits are not calculated in the student’s Grade Point Average at the College.
- Credits from institutions on quarter systems are adjusted to the equivalent of semester credits.
Tuition Deferment Policy
- Students whose employers will reimburse all or part of their tuition may ask the College to defer that portion of their tuition bill until the term is completed.
Speak to us about applying to Dominican College today!
Contact Heather Bergling for more information about applying as a transfer student to Dominican College.
Transfer and Online Programs Counselor