College Goal NY Events Help New York Students Gain Access to Financial Aid Opportunities
ORANGEBURG (January 20, 2015)- Dominican College is hosting a College Goal event on Saturday, February 7, to help college-bound students complete the most important tool in securing financial aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. A completed FASFA can be used to apply for aid for any college or university
Along with providing hands-on assistance with filing and submitting the FAFSA, financial aid experts will answer questions about financial aid, scholarships and loans. Participants can enter a drawing to win $500 for a College Access Challenge Grant (CACG).
The College Goal event will be from 12 noon – 4 p.m, February 7, in the Prusmack Center on Dominican College’s campus, 493 Western Highway, Orangeburg.
To file the FAFSA application, the following documents are required and should be brought to the event:
• Parent and student’s social security numbers
• 2014 tax returns for parents and student, if applicable
• 2014 W-2s if the completed tax return is not available
• 2014 records of untaxed income records such as Social Security, if applicable
• Pin number: students and parents need to apply for a pin number at (www.pin.ed.gov). This allows for electronically signing the application and receiving faster responses.
• Driver’s license
All information will be kept confidential. For information on the College Goal event, call (845) 848 – 7819 or go to: http://www.dc.edu/collegegoal