At Dominican College, we value the health and wellness of our students. We understand that physical and mental health problems can seriously hinder a student’s path to success, not only while pursuing their degree here, but in all facets of their lives. Dominican College is very pleased to remind you of the student health insurance plan offered for the students attending the College.
Through the Dominican College Student Health Insurance Plan, students who may not have private health insurance coverage have the ability to enroll in a health insurance plan. If you were previously covered by a parent’s health insurance plan or have otherwise had a change in coverage, please consider enrolling in this plan.
Health insurance is strongly encouraged for all students. For the 2014-2015 academic year, health insurance enrollment is required for all student athletes. All other registered students are eligible to enroll and may purchase the coverage on a voluntary basis.
For Student-Athletes, if your current health insurance plan does not provide a minimum of comparable coverage to the Student Insurance Plan—or if you do not have insurance—you must purchase and enroll in the Dominican College Student Health Insurance Plan. If your health insurance plan provides adequate coverage, you must actively acknowledge coverage of insurance by January 31, 2015 in the Athletic Training Office. For more information, please contact Samantha James at 848-848-7709.
The plan is compliant with the final phase of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as required by Health and Human Services and offers nationwide hospitals, doctors, specialists, and mental health providers.
Here are just a few benefits to enrolling in the Dominican College Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Wellness Coverage and preventative medications are covered at 100% including routine immunizations.
- Access to MagnaCare’s preferred network of doctors, specialists and hospitals close to campus and home.
- Worldwide coverage as well as travel assistance, medical evacuation and repatriation coverage.
- Direct Pay enrollment through Gallagher Student Health.
- In Network coverage at 80% for most services.
- The maximum benefit per policy year is now UNLIMITED.
- For more information, complete plan summary, enrollment forms and all other coverage questions, please contact Gallagher Student Customer Service at 1-877-320-4347 or email@example.com.
The online insurance enrollment deadline is 02/13/2015. The full plan summaries and enrollment forms can also be accessed online at www.gallagherkoster.com/dominican.
For any other questions, please contact the Office of Student Development at 845-848-4080.