Your business education starts now. Earn a business administration degree from Dominican College for a 21st century education that prepares you for today’s workforce.
Learn about the different functional areas of business. It’s your degree. In consultation with your advisor, create a program that meets your needs and helps you build your ideal business career.
Gain insights into business functions through Dominican College’s comprehensive degree program that prepares you for the front lines of business administration. Graduates derive valuable business skills that will help maximize their worth in today’s workforce, including:
The Business Administration Major consists of 120-121 credits, distributed as follows:
- 30-credit Business Core
- The business world offers a wide variety of distinct career paths, each of which stands alone as a unique discipline, and intersects with the others in both practice and required knowledge. The Business Core will provide you with the foundation necessary for success in any area of business by educating you in the broad range of concepts and disciplines that are unique to the business world. Courses include Introduction to Management; Basic Marketing; Computer-based Systems; Business Law I; Financial Accounting; Management Accounting; Principles of Finance; Business, Society, Corporate Values; International Management; and Business Policy and Managerial Decision Making.
- Five business courses chosen under academic advisement, which will customize your program to your particular career interests
- 60 credits of Liberal Arts, including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics, College Algebra, Precalculus or Finite Mathematics, Introduction to Statistics, and Effective Business Communication
- 15 credits of free electives
- 1-credit Freshman Seminar (day students only
Dominican College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), lcated at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
Bachelor of Science degree with majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, and Management (specializations in Financial Management, Human Resources Management, International Management, Management Information Systems and Marketing Management).
- Visit the IACBE website.
- Please click here to review student learning outcomes for the Business Division.