Transfer Admissions Checklist
- Fill out and submit an application
- Submit the signed Addendum and $35
non-refundable application fee
- Have official transcripts from ALL colleges previously attended
sent to Dominican College:
Office of Admissions
470 Western Highway
Orangeburg, NY 10962
- Get started after January 1 on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov . Dominican College's School Code is 002713.
- File your application by February 15th to
receive your Financial Aid package in early March.
- If you already filed the FAFSA in the fall, you just
need to add the Dominican College’s school code (002713) to your
Step 1: Placement Exams
you have received your acceptance letter, have your ID # ready and contact the
Learning Resources Center at 845-848-4056 to schedule an appointment to take
your Placement Exams (English and/or
Math, if required for your major). You must take your Placement Exams before
going forward with advisement and registration.
* Placement Exams are required for ALL
students transferring to Dominican College
Step 2: Advisement
completion of your Placement Exams you can meet with your Faculty Advisor from your program of interest. (Bring your
Placement Exam results and the copy of your Evaluation of Credits form that you
received in your acceptance packet.)
Contact the Academic Department
listed on the “Important Numbers to Know” sheet and make an appointment with an
advisor to determine appropriate course to register for in the upcoming
Step 3: Deposit and Registration
- After receiving your Financial Aid package and meeting
with your advisor, you can pay your admissions deposit and register
must be paid prior to registering for courses.
- Once you
have paid your $300 deposit, the Student
Accounts office will approve your registration.
- Next you
will need to submit your Registration Card to the Registrar Office, here you will receive confirmation and a
copy of your Schedule.
*Without this step you are NOT registered and
your name will not appear on any class rosters.
- Fall Registration generally begins in June and Spring registration
generally begins in November.
*Since advisement is necessary prior
to registration, be sure to schedule your appointment promptly.
Step 4: Last-minute items
- If you are currently enrolled in any courses or have
not sent updated transcripts, have your final and updated Official Transcripts sent to the
Office of Admissions.
- Residents, watch for your housing information in the mail. Be
sure to complete the information soon after receiving it to secure your
spot in housing.
- Submit your health records to the Health Center.
Step 5: Documentation
you have received confirmation of registration retrieve your Dominican College
ID from the DC-1
located in Casey Hall. (Take your identification with you - Driver’s License and your student ID#.)
- You will have
your picture taken and you can pick up information about what the DC-1 Card is
and what it can do for you.
- At the Security Office, also located in
Casey Hall, you can retrieve a parking permit. There is no parking fee.
sure you know your license plate number!